CS 430 - Artificial Intelligence
Class Schedule: MWF 2, KC-267
Take Home Final Exam Due: Monday, May 1, 4:00pm
These are announcements made in class or via email currently in effect
for this course.
Wednesday, February 15, Re: Schedule to spring break
Here is a modified schedule to spring break:
- Wednesday, February 15: Chapter 6 - Constraint Satisfaction
- Friday, February 17: No class
- Monday, February 20: Chapter 6 - Backtracking and Local search
- Wednesday, February 22: Form Project 2 groups and go over code
- Dots game
- Friday, February 24: Midterm Exam Review, Chapters 1-5, exam
handed out at end of class
- Monday, February 27: No class, Midterm Exam due by 4:30pm
- Wednesday, March 1: Project 2 work day, attendance required
- Friday, March 3: No class - have a good spring break!
Course information handouts
- Syllabus and Schedule (PDF)
This is a list of links to resources that may be useful in this
This is a list of documents posted for this class in reverse
chronological order. Some will be available in hard copy as well.
Note: Most of the figures used in the slides are from the companion
website for the text used in this course: Russell and Norvig,
Artificial Intelligence: A Modern Approach, 3/e,
2010, Pearson Education, ISBN-13: 978-0-13-604259-4. The
figures are copyrighted by the textbook authors and used with
- Monday, March 27
- Prolog (Slides)
- Homework 7 (20 points):
Due: Monday, April 3
- Exercise 8.9 on page 316.
- Exercise 8.14 on page 318. Do this problem in Prolog
and hand in a printout of your program and the queries you
make to answer the questions.
- Friday, March 24
- Wednesday, March 22
- Friday, March 17
- Resolution (Slides)
- Homework 6 (30 points):
Due: Friday, March 24
- Exercise 7.1 on pages 279-280.
- Exercise 7.10 on page 281.
- Exercise 7.12 on page 281. Note that it uses the
clauses shown in 7.20 on page 283, but 7.20 is not the
question to be answered.
- Wednesday, March 15
- Monday, March 13
- Wednesday, February 22
- Dots Game - Project 2
- Programming Project 2 (PDF) - Due: March 17 (Friday after spring break)
- NEW! Tournament results (PDF)
- Basic dots game in Scheme/Racket available on csserver in directory /home/hwang/cs430/project2
- Homework 5 (20 points):
Due: March 15 (Wednesday after spring break)
- Exercise 6.7 on pages 231-232.
- Exercise 6.11 on page 232.
- Research Paper
(PDF) - Final Paper Due: April 10
- Monday, February 20
- CSP Backtracking Search
- Wednesday, February 15
- Constraint Satisfaction Problems
- Monday, February 13
- Partially Observable Games
- Friday, February 10
- Wednesday, February 8
- Adversarial Search
- Homework 4 (20 points):
Due: Wednesday, February 15
- Exercise 4.10 on page 159.
- Exercise 5.9 on pages 197-198.
- Monday, February 6
- Nondeterministic, Partially Observable Environments (Slides)
- Friday, February 3
- Genetic Algorithms, Scheme Tree Framework
- Programming Project 1 (PDF) - Due: Friday, February 17
- Tree search framework in Scheme/Racket available on csserver in directory /home/hwang/cs430/project1
- Wednesday, February 1
- Local Search (PDF)
- Homework 3 (20 points):
Due: Wednesday, February 8
- Exercise 3.9(a)(c) on page 115. Part (b) will part of
Programming Project 1.
- Exercise 3.23 on page 118.
- Monday, January 30
- Friday, January 27
- Wednesday, January 25
- Monday, January 23
- Problem-Solving Agents (Slides)
- Homework 2 (20 points):
Due: Wednesday, February 1
- Exercise 2.4 on page 62. Do any 4 of the listed
- Exercise 3.6(d) on page 114.
- Friday, January 20
- Friday, January 13
- Homework 1 (PDF) - Due: Monday, January 23
- Monday, January 9, 2017